Ten fun facts about Sophie-May Designs!
Hello and welcome back to my blog. Today I am going to tell you a little bit more about myself and behind the scenes here at Sophie-May Designs.
Ten fun facts:
- My name is actually Jean, not Sophie (I’ll come to that in a bit). I live at home in Exeter with my husband, teenage son, cat, rabbit and two guinea pigs.
- Sophie-May Designs is actually named after my daughter who I lost during pregnancy in 2016. I name the company Sophie-May Designs to keep her name alive.
- Money is donated to the charity SANDS (Stillbirth and Neonatal Death charity) each year.
- I couldn’t run my business without my mum, she helps me out however and whenever she can and is on first name terms with people in the post office!
- I have been making and selling jewellery since I was ten years old. I used to sell rings and bracelets when I was at primary school for 1p or 2p (cheap right?)
- My favourite stone colour is Rose.
- My favourite colour metal is…well I can never choose between rose gold and sterling silver.
- I am a primary school teacher!
- I love coffee and drink gallons a day.
- I recently tore a tendon in my finger (ouch!), meaning that jewellery making can be a bit tricky at times!
Bonus fact: I LOVE seeing people wearing my jewellery and get a real buzz when I see that people have chosen to wear my design that day. Even after selling over a thousand people, the buzz doesn’t go away! If you have ever bought or be gifted a piece of my jewellery I would love it if you tagged Sophie-May Designs in a pic of you wearing it on either Insta: @sophiemaydesignsjewellery or FB: @sophiemaydesign
Why not join to the recently started Sophie-May Designs FB community, a community where we can inspire and motivate each other through our actions and meaningful quotes. Search Sophie-May Designs Community or click here.